The American Journal of Poetry publishes superlative poetry from beginners to the most renowned poets in the world. Our hallmark is “Strong Rx Medicine” ® Risk taking and a distinctive voice is highly prized. There are absolutely no restrictions with regard to style, length or subject matter. Send your best.
We read year round. We are a writer-friendly review. We do not employ readers or screeners. Each and every submission is read by our Editor-in-Chief, Robert Nazarene and our Senior Editor, James Wilson. Unique to the literary world, you may rely on a response within 15 business days from receipt of your submission.
- Submit up to 6 poems for $5 fee.
- No email submissions will be read.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome.
- You may submit as many times per year as you wish but please wait for your response before sending again.
- Work submitted must be previously unpublished in print or online.
- Cover letter with prior credits is useful but in no way required.
- Poets retain all rights to their work upon publication.
Reads year round